Sunday, September 13, 2015

101 Series- Intro

While it absolutely isn’t necessary for every aquarium or pond hobbyist to be a master chemist or biologist, the amount of information that presents itself to someone looking to enter the hobby is undoubtedly overwhelming, and can make it appear so.  I distinctly remember my first attempt at a saltwater aquarium, over two decades ago.  I purchased an on-sale aquarium and two books.  The result was a tank that sat empty for months while I tried to make sense of text book language, and finally a set up tank that turned out to have…goldfish.  The information seemed so complicated that I was overwhelmed, and soon bored, and I gave up.  An important goal of Tampa Bay Aquatics is to provide support to beginners making it clear that aquariums and aquascapes can be quite easily managed by anyone.  In our 101 Series we will discuss a wide range of aquatic related topics in a novice friendly fashion making no assumptions about what one might already know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment