Thursday, September 17, 2015

Aquatic Art

While I don’t have any artistic ability to speak of, I admire those that do and have an appreciation for art.  When I come across art that combines true talent with an interest of mine, it fascinates me.  Fascinating is the correct word I would use to describe the work of Singapore based artist  Keng Lye. Inspired by the incredible resin based sculptures on which are painted in layers with acrylic by the artist Riusuke Fukahori, Keng Lye creates aquatic art that is unbelievably lifelike and simply magical.
Rinne, 2011- Riusuke Fukahori



Three examples of Keng Lye's work are below.




 As soon as a piece is available,  I am definitely going to acquire one.  I think any aquatic hobbyist would be intrigued by this work and happy to be able to look at a piece in person.  To see and learn more, visit Keng Lye's gallery HERE and visit him on facebook HERE.  The gallery will be included on our recommended links page as well.  I hope you enjoy this work as much as I did.  Please feel free to share your feedback.  

No comments:

Post a Comment