Friday, February 26, 2016

Patio Pond Shell- By Sara H.

After a fair amount of shopping both online and at hardware stores and garden centers, I found quite a few different places to start with my new patio pond.  Most of the retail options were a little more expensive than I was hoping for and I didn't want to completely build something from scratch.  I opted to start with a simple molded plastic pond liner and fountain pump.  It will be smaller than I originally anticipated, but I've decided to start small to be sure I'm comfortable with the maintenance.  If so, I plan to add another larger pond on the opposite end of my patio.  I purchased a MacCourt 20 gallon polyethylene liner from Lowe's for under $20.  I placed it on the patio against the building wall.  I plan to either creatively cover the shell or build it in with a retaining wall creating a raised planting bed around the pond.  I've still got some decisions to make regarding my next steps, but I'll post pictures soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment